- 3 cups chopped summer fruit, such as peeled and pitted peaches or nectarines, strawberries or pitted cherries
- 5 tablespoons sugar
- 1 1/2 tablespoon all-purpose flour, plus more for dusting
- 2 tablespoons heavy cream
- 1/4 cup crushed vanilla wafers or ginger snaps
- 2 recipes prepared pie crust (or two rolled out 9-inch crust)
Preheat the oven to 375°F. On a floured surface, roll out dough until about 1/8-in thick. Cut into twelve (5-inch) circles, rerolling dough as needed. In a medium bowl, toss together fruit, sugar and flour. (Do this just before filling the pies; if done too far in advance, the mixture can get too juicy. Use less or more sugar, as desired, depending on fruit’s natural sweetness.)
Working one at a time, spoon some filling into the center of a circle of dough; brush edges with water. Fold over into a half moon and crimp edges to seal. Brush top with heavy cream, sprinkle with cookie crumbs and bake on a large, parchment-paper-lined baking sheet until golden brown, about 35 minutes.
Per Serving: 220 calories (100 from fat), 11g total fat, 4g saturated fat, 5mg cholesterol, 170mgsodium, 29g carbohydrates, (1 g dietary fiber, 11g sugar), 2g protein.