- 1 bunch green kale, stems and tough ribs stripped out and discarded, leaves sliced
- 1 small onion, sliced
- 4 cloves garlic
- 3/4 cup part-skim ricotta cheese
- 1 1/2 tablespoon nutritional yeast
- Juice and zest of 1 lemon
- 1/4 teaspoon fine sea salt
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper, or to taste
In a large saucepan, combine kale, onion, garlic and 1/4 cup water. Set over medium heat, cover and cook, stirring occasionally, until vegetables are very tender, about 12 minutes; add more water a tablespoon at a time if the pan dries out. Transfer vegetables and any liquid in the pan to a food processor and let cool a few minutes. Add ricotta, nutritional yeast, lemon juice and zest, salt and cayenne. Process until smooth. Transfer to a bowl and serve.
Per Serving: Serving Size: about 1/4 cup, 40 calories (0 from fat), 120mg sodium, 6g carbohydrates, (1 g dietary fiber, 1g sugar), 5g protein.
Low Sodium | Vegetarian | Fat Free | Low Fat