Butternut Squash With Wilted Spinach And Blue Cheese
- 1/4 cup blue cheese crumbles
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- Salt and ground black pepper to taste
- 1 1/2 teaspoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/2 small red onion, thinly sliced
- 1 (5-ounce) package baby spinach
- 4 cups cubed and roasted butternut squash, warmed
Use a fork to mash together blue cheese and lemon juice in a large bowl to make a thick smooth dressing. Season with salt and pepper; set aside. Heat oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add onions, salt and pepper, and cook, stirring occasionally, until golden brown, about 5 minutes. Add spinach and cook, tossing often, until slightly wilted and warm, 1 to 2 minutes more. Transfer contents of skillet to bowl with dressing, add squash, salt and pepper and toss to combine.
Per Serving: 220 calories (70 from fat), 7g total fat, 2.5g saturated fat, 5mg cholesterol, 740mg sodium, 33g carbohydrates, (5g dietary fiber, 6g sugar), 5g protein.
Vegetarian and High Fiber.